One of the most difficult moments that a parent must endure is dropping their small child off at a day care center. You will constantly constantly think about your child while you try to work. But there are a few simple steps you can do to improve this process, before and after you make your infant child care near me Redwood Road, UT selection.
Before Your Decision
- Schedule a Visit: There is a wide range of day care facilities, from immaculate and modern to filthy and out-of-date. Eliminate any surprises by arranging a visit and speaking with the day care employees.
- Verify Accreditation: Accreditation means that a day care facility meets standards that are beyond what is required by law. The the National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA), the National Association of Young Children (NAEYC), and the the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs (NAC) are three accrediting organization to look for.
- Calculate Adult-to-Child Ratio: To be successful, there can't be more children at a day care center than what their employees can handle. A ratio of one adult for every ten children is fine for four-year-olds, but the ratio should be lowered to 1:4 with infants.
After Your Decision
- Meet Regularly: Schedule frequent follow-up visits with the day care staff. This will provide a chance to ask questions about your child's behavior, what they are learning, and what is happening at the center.
- Volunteer: Each day care program welcomes parents to come lend a hand. This could entail reading to the children or cleaning rooms or repairing toys during the hours when children are gone.
- Don't Be Afraid to Make a Change: Feeling unhappy with your day care center? It's your right to pick a new one. You cannot allow an awkward conversation to put your child's safety at risk.